FMT Movement Specialist
There is no ‘one size fits all’ to human movement, rather there are many ‘human shapes’ that can accomplish the same movement goals.
More important than stereotypic standards and measurements to ‘ideal’ movements we can provide a more COMPLETE strategy to movement screening by looking at the complete person, their environment and their unique ‘parts’.
The “FMT Movement Specialist” Certification is a 2-part certification course comprised of a 6-hr FMT Movement Assessment Course and a 6-hr FMT Advanced Movement Assessment Course.
The “FMT Movement Specialist” Certification will provide attendees an integrated strategy for movement assessment, correction and programming. This course addresses multiple considerations that affect our ability to move including the psychological, neurological, motor, connective tissue systems, environment and personalities of our patients and clients. Movement efficiency and variability will be emphasized as key components to assessment and programming goals.
Human movement involves the interplay between the person and their environment alongside the person and their ‘parts’ being able to meet their movement goals. The FMT Movement Specialist course will emphasize goal oriented movement assessments with an emphasis away from stereotypic standard movement screening practices.This course will introduce a new paradigm for understanding and enhancing how our patients and clients move using three systems of human movement; neurological (mapping), core control (midline) and mechanical (motor) systems.
A variety of interventional tools (mobility balls, exercise bands, foam rollers, compression flossing bands, kinesiology tape, agility and conditioning equipment) will be used to tackle an evidence-informed, brain-based approach to movement and functional rehabilitation programming. The use of digital motion analysis technology will be presented to demonstrate how health and fitness professionals can be more objective when assessing human movement.
The FMT Movement Assessment Course is designed to help health and fitness professionals learn safe, simple, and effective tactics to assess ‘conscious’ movement. Attendees will learn multiple assessments along with intervention strategies of the fundamental movement of squatting.
The FMT Advanced Movement Assessment Course is designed to help health and fitness professionals learn safe, simple, and effective tactics to assess and address ‘unconscious’ movement. Attendees will learn multiple assessments alongside multiple interventional strategies to influence the movements of walking and breathing.
This course is intended for health and fitness professionals. Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy.
Included with the registration fee, each attendee will receive a Trigger Point ‘Grid’ foam Roller, set of RockBalls, roll of kinesiology tape, RockBand Flex (medium) and a roll of RockFloss.
FMT Movement Assessment
- Identify the role of neuromuscular movement assessment
- Assess conscious(cortical) and unconscious(cerebellar) proprioception testing for the patient/client as it relates to human movement.
- Compare and contrast the difference between mobility restrictions and neuro/somatic restrictions (Brain vs.Tissue).
- Integrate the“3 Movement Pillars”and how they relate to human movement control and performance (Brain (Neurological/Psychological), Midline,), Mechanical)
- Evaluate movement assessment techniques to identify faulty motor patterns in fundamental movements (e.g.squatting).
- Critique and demonstrate proper use of compression floss bands, foam rollers, kinesiology tape (as a motor control tool) and mobility balls for movement limitations.
- Screen and develop movement with the use of exercise bands, agility and conditioning equipment as well as body weight correctives with appropriate progressions and regressions.
- Integrate the use of digital motion analysis to objectively capture human movement.
FMT Advanced Movement Assessment
- Examine the role of neuromuscular movement assessment
- Assess automatic/unconscious awareness of human movement (breathing and gait) by screening the balance and coordination systems.
- Compare and contrast the difference between mobility restrictions and neural/somatic restrictions (Brain vs Tissue)
- Integrate the“3 Movement Pillars”and how they relate to human movement control and performance (Brain (Neurological/Psychological), Midline, Mechanical)
- Demonstrate movement assessments that identifies the ability to associate and dissociate segments of the body as they relate to gait/breathing movement patterns.
- Apply, practice and employ corrective strategies that involve the ability to associate (integrate) and dissociate (mobilize) different segments of the body.
- Critique and demonstrate proper use of compression floss bands, foam rollers and mobility balls for movement limitations.
- Assess and develop improved movement behaviors with the use of exercise bands, kinesiology tape and agility/conditioning equipment as well as body weight correctives with appropriate progressions and regressions.
- Introduce and integrate the use of digital motion analysis to objectively capture human movement.
Join the Ranks of FMT Certified Movement Professionals
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy. CEUs may be offered for DC, ATC, PT, LMTs, OTs and personal trainers – depending on location and class type. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 10% discount on purchases after taking a class.
Worldwide FMT Professionals
What are the benefits of FMT Certification?
Learn from the best in the industry.
Serve your patients and clients.
Join our private Facebook Community.
Get the best pricing from RockTape – 50% off.
Get listed on our professional locator.
Join us at world-class events near you.
We’ll drive awareness to your business.
Treat discomfort* without pharmaceuticals.